Tuesday, May 27, 2008

farewell my doggie...

Pancreatic cancer...that's what took my dog's life on monday may 26th.
we had her for 12 years. we got her when she was 2 weeks old. i had to bottle feed her every morning. i'm so sad. she stayed with my parents after i got married, and she was like another daughter for my parents. she started throwing up about a week ago, but we were in honduras. when we got back we thought she was doing better. but no. and yesterday afternoon she couldnt hold down water. so my parents took her to an emergency vet place. they put her on an IV and ran blood work. this morning, they were in the process of getting her ready to do an abdominal u/s when she went into cardiac arrest. they did cpr on her, but she still died. the dr called my dad but he didnt understand what they were saying so i had to call them back. my heart broke, i honestly thought she was going to be ok and that it was just a virus she had. and worst of all, i had to call my parents and tell them the bad news.
we got to the vets and my parents we not doing well. they brought her in so we can see her, and i lost it at that point. she was MY dog. she was always with me. so it hurts. bad. but my dad is taking the worst. i've never seen him cry so much. my dad was her b!tch lol everywhere he would go, she would follow. i'm worried he's gonna start drinking again over this. he's truly devastated.
the dr called us later today for permission to do an autopsy. she was still trying to figure out what suzy had. and we wanted to know too. why she stopped eating, was depressed, nothing made her happy, and was throwing up. so a couple of hours later she called back and said it was pancreatic cancer. and bc of it, her liver was inflamed, something else was wrong with her intestines, and something else was enlarged. basically her organs were shutting down and her heart was working overtime, and her heart no longer could keep up.
i miss her terribly. i couldn't sleep last nite. i kept crying, thinking about her. she was so scared of thunderstorms, hated them. she would run to the bathtub when she saw the weather turning gray. she hated bananas and bread. i guess they didn't taste good to her. she loved coffee in the mornings and ice cream in the evenings. she loved going out for walks and rides in cars. she would always give me kisses on my nose. ugh. im so sad. i'll have to scan pics later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry...Big huge hugs to you all.

-Kd